View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I don't see how either the KoGlo or the PW can be called superior yet. Personally I hope they both turn out to be good devices.
Exactly, and it'll probably be a month or two before you can really say with any certainty whether one is any better or not.

Incidentally, I don't get the brand love that so many people seem to have for their ereaders. Amazon is probably my favourite online store, and I really like my Kindle, but I'm just as excited about the Kobo Glo being released?

As for the .mobi v .epub argument, there are other places you can buy .mobi books from besides Amazon, and apart from that, being hooked into the Amazon infrastructure might be a negative for some, but for others it's a plus.

Anyway, as a UK resident, I'll be dropping into WH Smith sometime this week to see if they have any demo models of the Glo available, it'll probably be next year before I can get the opportunity to do that with the Kindle PW. It'll be interesting to see how well it does here in the UK, that early release (along with the Nook Glow supposedly being out this Autumn too) might give Kobo the chance to grab a little edge over Amazon.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote