View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I've been using BD for about a year now... I've used it to hand-edit more than fifty books and documents and can safely say that I am more than proficient with it. And yes, it is a nightmare. The more you use it, the more you'll realize this. It has a huge number of quirks, bugs and idiosyncrasies. If you're just doing a few minor edits to a book, you'll be fine... but when you once spend several hours a day with it you'll quickly discover a whole new world of frustration.

I hate to say this--and I don't mean to offend the person who made it--but it's poorly designed and poorly coded. It's also out of date and it's development has ceased.

The saddest thing is, it's the best ebook editor we've got right now.
have you taken a look at some of the more recent book creation tools coming out lately, for instance ecub ? (full disclosure : i have not yet tested ecub, although it's on my list of projects). there is also the feedbooks online interface if you have no illustrations to add. and of course if you know html and css there is the option of hand-coding your books or using any code editor. these tools will make epub books but these can then easily be converted to other formats if necessary. i agree that book designer leaves a lot to be desired.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote