Thread: 903 PB 912 hands on
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #17
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I don't. It only works for non-scientific text, unfortunately. Equations would have to be turned into images, and even those couldn't be embedded within the text. Too bad, but PDF still rules for scientific/technical documents. However, I use LaTeX for straight text, as well, and I was creating epubs from those mostly because the default PDF fonts were hard to read on my 6" readers. Now, I'm not so sure I need the epubs anymore thanks to your tip; I'll find out with more reading.

I don't know anything about HTML5, so I wonder if it can handle equations?
I am sure I know less than you about HTML
I haven't been able to find a quick way of converting a latex document while turnign equations into SGV images. I can get to an HTML file that will display properly in a browser, but this uses mathml - I see Bluegriffon has an html extension and can handle svg files, but I do not know whether it can turn mathml into svg, and given that the manual costs €5, the mathml extension about €4 and that I am a cheap bastard, as a matter of principle I don't want to pay for something that may not work at all for me.

yep, I guess palatino pdf will have to do for now...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote