View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
Pissed about the lack of setting to control page refresh. This is the single largest problem with the STR for me and it's surprising that this update is based on "user feedback" but the refresh issue is still not addressed. The issue is exacerbated by my love and use of serif fonts.

If they don't fix it by the time the Kindle touch comes out I'm jumping ship.
Which problem(s) would this solve for you? What font and text size do you want to use that is not to your liking?

I may be wrong, but I don't think page refresh frequency is related to font quality (if a font looks crappy, it looks just as crappy after a full page refresh as it does 5 pages later without one). It might solve problems with ghosting or suit someone's preferences around frequency of e-ink 'flash'—neither of which I experience as problems myself.

I do find that text at smallest sizes does not look great (some fonts are better than others). If one could load custom fonts on somehow (as Kobo Touch allows), that could go a long way to addressing this. Alternatively if there were a 'saturation' adjustment that made for a higher ratio of black-to-grey pixels (like Sony), that would help.

Anyway, they ignored my feedback about wanting multi-level TOC support so I also found the update underwhelming.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote