View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 02:24 AM   #46
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Reading in electronic format makes up a sizeable amount of my reading. And it does so, with a rising tendency, since 2003. But interestingly I find that, as the amount of electronic reading I have to do in my job or that I do for gathering information is rising over the years, I like to have a recreational break with an old paper book. Its rather like having a good wine or scotch. -

And, I have to add that and I'm strict on this: For recreational reading I buy only titles without DRM. So I'm not a customer of one of the big portals, paying for "reading licenses only" - Sorry, Kobo, Amazon and others .... (Note: I'm okay with DRM as far as lending library ebooks e.g. via the "onleihe"-system in Germany is concerned.) With the job that's different, there is no way around DRM in many areas.

On the durability of ebooks/electronically stored information:

Ask yourself: Imagine you want to take down notes on your infant children about their progress in life that you want to pass on to them when they are in their twenties or thirties for them to keep. Which format would you use? Analog or digital?

Last edited by beachwanderer; 10-23-2012 at 05:52 AM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote