View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Sales volume is one thing, profit is entirely another. Apple continues to take names and kick @ss when it comes to profit.

Yet another issue is the splintering of Android. When you say iOS you pretty much know what you're talking about (iPhone, iPad, or a Touch model). When you say Android you could be talking about a premium tablet, bargain basement phone, or even a camera! Further, it may or may not even tie into Google's store (e.g. Amazon's hardware using Android does not). Android OS is too fractured. It is as much a strength (applicable to many breeds of hardware) as a weakness (fewer apps are optimized for any given device).

I'm not surprised a dozen vendors combined are shipping more units than Apple. I will be surprised if/when their user experience approaches the ease and polish of Apple's walled garden. How is it that the very latest Android hardware and software combination is only now approaching the interface smoothness iOS had for years now? I know, fair is fair, it took Apple years to add cut/copy-and-paste, lol.