View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 05:11 PM   #68
David Derrico
Connoisseur
David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kobo Wireless
Well, you're probably right that reading as a whole is on the decline and that people are moving to the Internet and movies and music and TV and Twitter instead of books. But, I don't think that (as the OP asks) e-books will spell the end of great writing. Could all these alternative forms of entertainment hurt writing? Certainly, and they probably already have. But I think e-books will help, not hurt (I think it will better appeal to a younger generation that is used to consuming media electronically).

And I do know how badly the odds are stacked against writers even making a living, let alone for independent authors. But, I'm happy to say that I'm much closer to that goal now than a few years ago when e-books were just a blip on the radar. At least now I have some hope.
David Derrico is offline   Reply With Quote