View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
fantasyISbetter
FantasyisBetter
fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I second the recommendation of Connie Willis (Doomsday Book as well as others- Doomsday is very dark- both depressing and uplifting; time travel used to teach history to students)- but Passages, To say Nothing of the Dog, Blackout, etc. are all great reads. I just read Matthew Sturges' Midwinter- you might want to try it. Have you checked out PaperbackSwap.com or swap.com, where you can trade books? If you have books to swap, the trades cost you nothing more than the shipping costs- which are usually under $3- I have swapped hundreds of books this way- Check it out and save some money.
fantasyISbetter is offline   Reply With Quote