View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #18
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
Sony:
Random House - discounts of 5-30% off MSRP
Big 5 - MSRP + 5%

I can't tell if this is Sony is marking up 5% to cover the taxes they are required to collect, or if you also get charged the taxes, too. Anyone in the US buy from Sony lately?
No separate tax for me (though it'd be 6%). Though I'm only seeing the extra charge for HarperCollins and Simon & Schuster; Macmillan, Hachette, and Penguin titles are MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
Kobo:
Big 5 - US MSRP + 9%
Random House - discounted 5-40% off MSRP
Again, I only seen HarperCollins and S&S as more expensive (with S&S at a 10% increase); Macmillan is MSRP, and I don't remember about the other two.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote