View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Re a two-year guarantee, well if that is correct, it's funny then that there are a lot of 1-year warranties for many electrical items... but my point is really is that the most common fault with an e-reader is some kind of screen damage, which wouldn't be covered in any warranty. I know Amazon have been reported to exchange within the one-year warranty they give on Kindle's for this kind of damage, I'm not sure if it's done as standard or not though, nor am I sure what Kobo, Sony or any other would do for something like a cracked screen?

Anyway, great to hear that WH Smith sorted you out with a replacement pretty quickly. It's not ideal that you had to wait a few days, but it's not like you could use the faulty e-reader in the meantime, and that's a pretty quick turnaround. Hope you have better luck with your new Glo.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote