View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #143
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
This might be irrelevant, but I'm offering a comment in case it helps:

These days, I often leave debates wherever they lie when the exchanges become compulsive, and both parties are expected to respond regularly, hour by hour, day by day, or risk being perceived as losing in someone else's eyes.

Whenever the outcome seems to be that my petty point might be vindicated but the fallout could include singed egos and involve lasting resentment (I've had at least two people from message boards stalk me in real life), I tend to let things go. By continuing a strained debate, at the very least, I'm squandering energy best used elsewhere.

(I could insert that famous "Someone on the internet is wrong" cartoon, but the point is so familiar to MR members that mentioning it seems enough.)

Carry on if you like, but feel free to stop if if the going gets tedious or unpleasant.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 01-19-2013 at 08:29 PM.