View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelra View Post
Hi,
eReader Devices and applications that doesn't support Hebrew
10) Freda for Windows Mobile
The latest version of Freda for Windows Mobile (see http://www.turnipsoft.co.uk/freda/freda6.htm) does make an effort at rendering Hebrew. I don't expect it to work perfectly well with text that mixes Latin (left-to-right) and Hebrew (right-to-left) characters, but for EPUBs that are just in Hebrew, you should be OK. It does depend on various tags appearing in the EPUB itself; if these are missing (or if Freda fails to spot them for some reason) then you can go into Freda's Settings screen and adjust the 'Force line direction' and 'Force word direction' settings to make it render right-to-left.

You might also get strange effects with left- and right-alignment of text.

Anyhow, I'd be happy to work on any issues with Freda's presentation of Hebrew text - if there's something not rendering correctly, please just email me a sample epub and a screen shot showing the correct appearance, and I will do what I can. I'm at home@jim-chapman.net or jim@turnipsoft.co.uk .

By the way, the situation with Windows Phone 7 is not as good. So far, the device itself does not support Hebrew characters or right-to-left rendering. I expect that will change at some point, but not just yet.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote