View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
andysuth
andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle3
PAYG Simcard INTO Kindle.

Hi,

Firstly, please note I am looking to put a Sim INTO the kindle, i.e. use my Data on a Kindle.

I recently repaired a friend's Kindle with a broken screen only to find it had been blacklisted from Amazon as he'd had it replaced by Amazon. D'oh.

I've been having a play around with it, and have the command prompt linux running. Whilst the Kindle Serial / Mac / Sim are probably all useless now, I do wonder if anyone has put a non-Amazon Sim into the K3i and have they had any success with accessing internet over the PAYG sim?

Sadly I've been googling "How to change Kindle APN" etc. and all I get is results about people trying to use the Amazon Sim in their mobiles, almost the opposite of what I want to do.

Has anyone attempted / succeeded at this before?

Thanks,

-Andy.
andysuth is offline   Reply With Quote