View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #16
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ath
And, by extension, you suggest that that relation is true also for the Sony Reader? That the printed book, considered as an object for reading, compares unfavourably with the Sony Reader?
I think he's just pointing out that he sees a flaw in the writer's logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Actually the whole point about paper is that it revolutionised book production precisely because it was cheap to make.
Hmm. That suggests that electronic books should revolutionize book production because e-books have lower production cost than p-books, and for the price of ~15 hardbacks you can get a reader that will last through reading thousands and thousands of e-books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Do you not find that a Pyramid is inconveniently large to carry around with you when you fancy a read? I think I would!
Just imagine trying to take it to the bathroom with you!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote