View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #792
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
The epub fails only on your Sony PRS-650? And only for some stories, while others still work? That suggests bad/unusual HTML in those particular stories.
It's hard to test on other devices because I only have the Sony PRS-650.

Quote:

I'm able to d/l these two and view them on my Nook fine. Running them through epubcheck shows only minor HTML errors, and those errors are still there after epub->epub convert. I don't have a Sony PRS-650 to test on, so that's the best I can do for testing. If you post an epub that has the problem here, that might help some.
I've attached an example EPUB to this message.

Quote:

Shouldn't be. A single URL is just a batch of one--the same code is used.
Yeah that's what I thought but in earlier tests I found that it only works if I enter one url at a time. Otherwise I'd get the page error message. I haven't tested it recently to see if anything has changed but I can.

Quote:

Are you sure it isn't all new downloads giving that error? Because that I could possibly explain.

A few versions back, I added some new CSS to help with a problem on Nook. It's possible that addition ("adobe-text-layout: optimizeSpeed;") is what's causing your problem. You could try putting the snippet below (removes "adobe-text-layout") in your personal.ini and see if that helps.
I've downloaded at least 50 stories in the last month and only about 6 of them had the page error message so I don't think it's only new downloads that display this problem. It's been there at least 5 months because I've using the plugin since April.

Quote:

Another possibility is that sometimes different skins can cause problems. If you've reskinned AO3 try switching back to the default skin.
I'm using the default skin already.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Sylvia - The Persistence of Iron.epub (108.4 KB, 173 views)