View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Just encountered this by chance, in the process of solving the problem on my machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Unfortunately, just changing the DEBIAN/control in the deb package file is not enough to have it run on a fresh Debian box.

I will investigate the issue, but I am sure that the current xulrunner-9.0 is "too new" to run that code.
I got things working under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I grabbed the Xulrunner 1.9.2 deb archive as the base. This required satisfying a dependency for lubhunspell-1.20 >=1.2.11 (I had 1.30, and needed the earlier one too.) Once Xulrunner was installed, I could install the Lucidor deb package mentioned above.

There was theoretically a Lucidor 0.9.7 deb archive available on the Lucidor site, but the site is down and I haven't found a mirror with it. The 0.9.1 version seems to work.

There is also Lucifox, a Firefox extension that implements the Lucidor functionality, available at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ucifox/?src=ss

It's what I normally use, and prefer to EPUBReader, which is the other alternative. (See https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...reader/?src=ss ) EPUBReader insists on adding the ePub file to a catalog and keeping a local copy in the Firefox profile directory, neither of which I want.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote