View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #43
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Rewritten to support new B&N website for non textbooks

As discussed above B&N have changed their book details page website layout for fiction books.

On the plus side, this should make cover retrieval slightly faster, as they don't do that stupid separate popup window for larger images (so one less round trip for me to get and parse the image).

On the minus side, they really have changed a lot of "stuff". I've done my best and verified it with a few books, but the way some of their HTML is generated is not very "scrape" friendly so there may well be other changes needed.

So if you find a book that you don't get certain details through to Calibre from B&N that you can see on their page, post the link for the B&N page and what you are missing and I can take a look.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote