View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 04:37 AM   #10
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ok - let's see I got the microsoft reader - confusing piece of software - no apparent way to add books to it's library... so navigate to calibre library & try open with....

I still see the ? within the reader text e.g. in this extract , pasted from MS reader screen

"I opened my eyes, relieved but not really surprised.
After all?it wasn’t...."

& this one
"Irene’s dead. Says she died yesterday?right here in this hospital

from the context in which these ? are appearing, it would make perfect sense that they began life as emdashes

so the auto-fix instruction would have to do this: locate any instance of a ? which is not preceded by OR followed by a space character and then replace it with space+emdash+space.
that should not change genuine end of sentence ? marks.
could that be done in regex ?

maybe that yould be done but in the meantime I've now finished reading teh book already so it becomes an academic challenge.

interestingly - the next book of the same series ( same source, same format) does not have this problem.

Last edited by cybmole; 10-16-2010 at 04:44 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote