View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #54
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I didn't give the POD publishers example to suggest that the situation is the same. I was trying to point out that Amazon settled. You are looking at this situation from the point of view of convincing the court, but if the plaintiffs are aiming for a settlement then they just have to be annoying about it.
Amazon settled the POD case because they were in the wrong on the merits.
They're not wrong on the merits here. They have a fair shot at straight dismissal because all the claims are based on *intent* to limit consumer choice whereas DRM is intended to limit piracy. (snicker)

Since they're not suing Apple or B&N or Kobo, they have to prove in court the publishers *intended* to benefit Amazon over the others, that they *intended* to give Amazon a 50% share of the ebook business.

I say: good luck with that.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote