View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #71
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
the dresden files is usually classified as being in the urban fantasy genre. i nominated storm front as a selection for october in the book club sticky thread. the theme for the month is horror. there were a few folks who took umberage with this nonination claiming that it is not "horror". the moderator (tom sharpe) said (after which it was thirded and became one of the finalists) this:

i thought that maybe the participants here might like to discuss this in more detail than is appropriate in the thread from where the controversy stemmed.

i know, thirded is not really a word, sorry.
I wouldn’t call it horror. It’s neither gory, nor scary enough for me. I’d call it urban fantasy or paranormal/supernatural. It’s a mystery, so paranormal mystery seems fitting. I got the impression that Harry is a kind of wizard detective, is there such a thing as detective fantasy?

But I’ve already admitted to have had a wandering mind while listening to the audio book, so don’t mind me. I may have missed things.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote