View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #5
maledyris
maledyris began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, kobo wifi
I don't think a color tablet is necessary. Most manga is black and white anyway, right? How about the Sony prs-950? It's not 8 inches, it's 7, but it has the new Pearl screen which would be much faster than the Kindle DX and its older vizplex screen. It also has an IR touch screen which makes navigating much less cumbersome. Getting those large manga pdf's onto the 950 would probably be easier too because it has SD and memory stick slots.
I like the Kindle DX because of all that screen real estate, but for something like manga, which is so picture heavy, I think something with the new Pearl screens would be better for quicker page refresh.
I probably wouldn't go for the tablets if the main job for the device will be for reading, mainly because of battery life concerns. They don't last anywhere near as long as the dedicated e-ink readers. If you're good about charging your devices every night though, it probably doesn't matter too much.
You should load up one of your mangas onto an SD card, then take it to the stores and test it out. Then you'd really be sure which one suits you best.

Last edited by maledyris; 02-03-2011 at 06:35 AM.
maledyris is offline   Reply With Quote