View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 04:20 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
What I found disconcerting was the ,The or ,A tacked on at the end.

"The Burning Girl" for example is ok as "Burning Girl", but "Burning Girl,The" just looks wrong to me.

Still many must prefer it this way.
If you set up a composite column that displays title_sort with the trailing article cut off, then you can use that column in the save path and in plugboards to get rid of the trailing ', The'!

Assuming that you haven't change the title_sort article tweak, the column template would be:
Code:
{title_sort:re((?i)\, (a|an|the)$,)||}
The 're' part looks for a comma, then any of the words 'a', 'an', or 'the' in either upper or lower case, then the end of the value. If it finds one of these, it replaces it with nothing.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote