View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #171
Croker
Connoisseur
Croker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, obv.
Hi Patricia!

Thanks for the tips. As for the images, I'm fairly certain that HarryT's guide does show BD as being capable for dealing with drag and drop (although, obviously, I'm willing to stand corrected!). However, if I press F5 to insert, and browse to where the image is, it won't insert it either! Any suggestions?

I understand why links are underlined, and I think that's fine. However, my issue is that it doesn't underline the whole chapter name, but just the first word. Your work-around of putting a number first is a sensible suggestion, though, so thanks for that. I'm pretty sure, though, that ePub can do this (if I'm remembering the TOC for my ePub copy of "Homicide" correctly), so in the longer term I may have to start down that road instead.

It's a poor "feature" though (IMO), as it's common practice for hyperlinks to be entirely underlined and - given that these are surely the inspiration for TOC links - I find it strange that the Reader should display them in such a way. Never mind!

Finally, I'm pretty certain that my Book Designer 4 folder does not contain a BD folder, as yours does. As such, I have no idea where - if at all - I was saving the book I was working on yesterday. Do you think that, if I create a BD folder within the Book Designer 4 folder, it will save them there? Or should I first select "Save As...", and specify where to save it, and continue that way?

Thanks for all your other advice, though, as well as the link to your "tips" document!
Croker is offline   Reply With Quote