Thread: Dan Simmons
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Dan Simmons is a weird one for me, I find he writes great starts to scifi stories, which end up completely falling apart. I loved Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion (effectively one book that he was forced to break into two), but didn't like the follow-ups; I loved Illium because it was jam-packed with incredible ideas, but hated Olympos, the sequel to Illium, because it was jam-packed with unresolved plot threads and gaping plot holes.

I've had Carrion Comfort on my Kobo for awhile, but I haven't cracked it yet.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote