View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Have you tried simply deleting the epubs on the phone and resending them?
Yes. Didn't make a difference.

It's possible there is something leftover from t he previous version, which was never deleted. So last resort is to entirely delete the Stanza app and all its books and try reinstalling everything. I was holding off on that because I'm not sure how to retrieve for backup some of the books in the reader that were previously downloaded through sources in the old version.

Quote:
As you noted above this has nothing to do with your problem.
But I think it does. ePubs that have the structure with the internal OEBPS folder don't exhibit the problem. The new Stanza can read the covers. So I figured if I can force the problematic epubs into this structure the problem would go away. So, is there a way to force this? Maybe some setting in Calibre before I do a conversion?

And why do some epubs have this internal structure and some don't? What is the main differentiating factor?

Quote:
I don't know if the following applies but it is worth a try. In the Preferences - Output options - ePub output there is a No SVG cover option. The guidance for this option is:
The option to convert with "No SVG Cover" is always checked when I convert.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote