View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #14
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I have another mild peeve where sections of text are italicised but then a word within that section is un-italicised for emphasis. I think that's ugly. but don't have an alternative to propose. I'm not sure if that happens in printed books but I've seen it in many e-books
That exact situation just happened to me in the last old book I scanned. There were 5 short chapters dealing with the origin of an item in various times as early as 300 A.D. The entire content of those chapters was italicized, and certain items were in normal text, such as ship names, some titles, things that would normally have been italicized if in normal text.

I didn't like the look of it either and at first assumed the OCR just read it wrong, but it was really like that in the book. I opted to keep it as the original book was written. So if some long dead typesetter made a huge error, I just did too.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote