View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #31
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasssysweeet View Post
I'm not familiar with any of this. Can you tell me where I find this info and how to know if it is wrong. However, I have a book that I converted with Calibre that works on my KF, but ... I went to convert it again to add a decent cover to the file and that book won't read in my KF. Shouldn't it have the same number?
One way is to use Java Mobi Metadata Editor. This program allows you to view and change the metadata. The ASIN in record type 113. Connect your Fire via USB and open the offending .mobi file. If you have Amazon's original ebook, you can use this program lookup its ASIN and change the new MOBI's ASIN to the same value (typically B00....) or get the ASIN from Amazon's web page for the ebook.

Last edited by wallcraft; 04-20-2012 at 12:20 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote