View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen B View Post
So I wrote the book, got it professionally edited, landed a Maddison Avenue agent. The agent pedaled it around for a year, got it as far as the Acquisitions Board at Thomas and Mercer (Amazon's new thriller imprint) who kept it for three months but ultimately passed. It's a great book, she kept telling me. It's just a lousy publishing environment. And yesterday I dumped her.

What am I, crazy?!

Well, I wanted to take back control of my work. For a year I felt like a passenger, feasting upon perodic bursts of good news, dieing every time I got bad news. So I've uploaded it to Amazon and Smashwords - and I feel really good about it. I feel as if I'm actually doing something now.

But you need to tell me - Am I crazy?

Stephen
No.
You gave it a good shot. Now it is time to make some course corrections.
Good luck.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote