View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
Stephen B
Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What am I? Crazy?

So I wrote the book, got it professionally edited, landed a Maddison Avenue agent. The agent pedaled it around for a year, got it as far as the Acquisitions Board at Thomas and Mercer (Amazon's new thriller imprint) who kept it for three months but ultimately passed. It's a great book, she kept telling me. It's just a lousy publishing environment. And yesterday I dumped her.

What am I, crazy?!

Well, I wanted to take back control of my work. For a year I felt like a passenger, feasting upon perodic bursts of good news, dieing every time I got bad news. So I've uploaded it to Amazon and Smashwords - and I feel really good about it. I feel as if I'm actually doing something now.

But you need to tell me - Am I crazy?

Stephen
Stephen B is offline   Reply With Quote