View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #14
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
When I was about 13 my brother's friend (the boys were 9) asked him if his sister was born old because I was more responsible than the babysitter watching us. I still have the David Eddings books that I bought starting around age 11. The covers and spines are pristine to this day even after 2 international moves and several domestic ones. I also still have the dolphin and killer whale figurines that I chose as souvineers from the 2 amusement parks my family went to in Germany when I was 7 and 8 years old. No chips, cracks, or other damage and they were not "kept" for when I was "old enough". All the glass or ceramic figurines I was given as a very small child were mine to dust and arrange on the special shelf I had for displaying them.

So yes, some kids do well at a very young age with delicate things and have a responsibilty level high enough to understand what has been given to them. I would, however, remind such a child about showing or sharing such an object with friends who may not appreciate it. Go for it!
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote