View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #124
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
I feel that I'm living the Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times." It is very "interesting" here now - but we hope for a better future. I know it is hard in the US as well. Pretty much everywhere these days.

Fortunately I have nice parents who offer to buy me lovely techie toys! Yes I hold Blossom responsible for my SGP5 purchase (LOL). She has great suggestions. I am sure I'll be happy with it.

I'm a bit less certain about how much I'd use a KFHD. Good to hear that you like reading on it. And all the other apps on the SGP5. I am making a list so that I can install as much as possible during my visit. Is Google Talk/Voice similar to Skype? I read something about getting the SGP to work as a virtual phone (when in wireless range of course). This would be useful while traveling.
I also have the Paperwhite for almost a month now. I have been so deprived of techy toys for over a year or more, lol. SO last night I used the PW to read for several hours. Then I end up listening to the Ipod Touch for Audible books. I have trouble sleeping as you can see. Then I read for 2 hours on the SGP5, and it is wonderful to read on. As Blossom said with Screen Dim you can adjust to your liking in the middle of the night, as well as change fonts, backgrounds. She likes Mantano, I ended up with Moon + and like it as well as she likes Mantano. I can change everything to my liking.

The KFHD I am not using as much as I should be. I do have some nice apps as I said Guitar, Ukulele, Piano to learn chords and such. The screen is very clear, and I have read books on it. I don't use the web as much as I thought I would. But our taste change you know. I love reading more than anything right now.

I like changing from big screen to little screen because your hands and eyes need a change. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it, lol.

Oops I almost forgot, yes Google Voice and Google Talk is like Skype. Setup a google email, then a phone number, and then it is so easy to make free calls. I really like it. Check your messages from anywhere. I sound like an ad, but it saves money making calls and is easy. You setup contacts list and it is so easy to make a call.

Last edited by new; 12-20-2012 at 01:06 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote