View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #189
MrFritz
MrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Did you follow the instructions for the official 5.3.1 update? There shouldn't be any problem installing it (except that I recommend to re-jailbreak it after the update).

AN FYI FOR THOSE UPDATING TO 5.3.1

I was running 5.3.0 with Python and Linkss. I successfully updated to 5.3.1. However, the update "broke" my screensaver app. Without uninstalling anything, I successfully reinstalled python. However, when I reinstalled Linkss, I thought it bricked my kindle. My Kindle was stuck with the Kindle "tree" screen being displayed without any text and it was unresponsive to touch as well as the off/on switch and could not be accessed via the USB port.

What to do ????

I kept holding down the off/on switch. Eventually, the Kindle resumed the Linkss installation and completed it successfully. I was sure that my Kindle was bricked. All is well now.

Having previously install Linkss, I'm sure that I had waited long enough.

Fred
MrFritz is offline   Reply With Quote