View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
Milton
Milton began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Another Newbie with PRS on Order

Ordered a blue 505 yesterday and looking forward to my first reader. I was stuck in Mexico City's airport for 6 hours last month and didn't care much for the huge selection, huge being 10, of books in English. I had already read my book and magazines and was dying for something to do.

I was shopping I-Pod devices earlier yesterday and got irritated after a while and decided to get a reader. I saw reviews about the 2nd gen E-ink screens and liked the format of the Sony so there you go. If the website is accurate I will also get $50 towards purchases in addition to the 100 E-Classics I get to choose. That brings the reader down to $50 if I ignore the fact that many of the classics titles are available elsewhere for free and that I am not sure I will find much more than 25 that I will eventually read.

Curious about the different versions of the same titles that are available. In some cases the classic version have larger files. In other cases they are smaller. Has anyone had the money to waste to see what is different between the free and the $2 and $5+ versions available via the Sony Store? Maybe the illustrations are included in some?

Anyways, I am very glad to see all the active forums here. Hoping to find more sites like PRweb for news content as well.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote