View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #51
bbpo8
bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Arc and Aura HD, Kindle Keyboard, and DX
I pay the most attention to anecdotal reports of actual users ... such as the posts above about when people turn to specific media.

The subject is too squishy for a purely academic research approach. People are expecting physiology to deliver a ringing generalization that can become the new dogma. Typically a key variable is left out, to be rediscovered later for a new all-encompassing generalization.

Much better I say to observe behavior and get people to talk about their preferences.

When I was doing User Interface (UI) testing, we were always being surprised. Our precious theories were inevitably upended by real users.
bbpo8 is offline   Reply With Quote