View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #24
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
Prescriptivists vs Descriptivists

Prescriptivists think the language belongs to them, or a least they hold it hostage for "purity"; Descriptivists know that the language belongs to the people who use it and are delighted by its fluxuations. A good writer knows the conventions of his language and how to use them. A great writer knows the conventions of his language and how to break them--a sort of literate terrorist.

I try hard to write good, occasionally (read rarely) I write well--but never great. Now, could someone tell me why my stylus doesn't work on my Sony Reader?
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote