View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
It does. I've been asked if my PRS-505 is a "red Kindle." Most people don't know any other kinds of dedicated ebook reader exist.
I get that all the time too. My usual response is, "No, it's an Astak EZ Reader." and then explain why I got it instead of a Kindle. But Elfwreck is right - a LOT of people in the US don't realize there's any other type of ebook reading device other than Kindle. Annoying, especially when the people who don't realize it are authors who self-publish to Kindle only.

I've been on a one-woman educational mission for authors via facebook and blogs - it *might* be working on a select few.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote