View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 02:19 AM   #58
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
©betterred

I do not «both an individual menu item, and the full menu».
This is only for the screen as a picture describe it better than only words.
@Katja_hbg - so, I wonder how many people have an individual menu item that includes a computed variable on their Favourites list, such as Mark Books->Show marked books, I can only think of one similar case the Reading List->View submenu items.

My emphasis highlights the underlying issue, but the rest of what I said before remains the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The developer of this plugin is no longer active, the active plugin developers may not be very interested in investigating what could be done to address this 'corner case' issue.

However, if you want to see at a glance how many books are marked, a better solution might be to have the top level menu item (Mark Books) show that number. That would require a change to the Mark Books tool - you could request an enhancement at Bugs : calibre. I imagine quite a few calibre users would get value from it.
The Mark Books feature was added to calibre long after this plugin last had any functional maintenance done on it, and after its developer became inactive. It's a generic problem with 3rd party plugins/extensions; there are dozens of Photshop plugins and Firefox extensions that no longer work - hundreds even.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote