View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #55
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
I am not sure whether this is due to favourite plug-in or the mark-items function but there is a missing refresh.
The number of marked items is shown proper in the context menu of a book also in favourite when the whole menu tree is used (attached screen, see middle).
But it is wrong and also disabled after a change when the menu item is added from sub-menu (same screenshot, see right).

OK the screen is German but icons and numbers are international ;-)

Would be nice to get this fixed as all that features are so helpful for managing books.
Katja_hbg - I wonder how many people include both an individual menu item, and the full menu for the same tool in the Favourites plugin. Not many I would guess - especially not menu items that include a computed variable, such as Mark Books->Show marked books, I can only think of one similar case the Reading List->View submenu items.

The developer of this plugin is no longer active, the active plugin developers may not be very interested in investigating what could be done to address this 'corner case' issue.

However, if you want to see at a glance how many books are marked, a better solution might be to have the top level menu item (Mark Books) show that number. That would require a change to the Mark Books tool - you could request an enhancement at Bugs : calibre. I imagine quite a few calibre users would get value from it.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-07-2016 at 07:47 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote