View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #85
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit21 View Post
It's not a Duokan problem. In Duokan kite works well. Duokan is just an app for me. It's a kindle problem! Two people in this thread have the same problem like me with kite.
I like to start my apps (like Liberator, CoolReader3, K3Chess, usbnetwork) directly from (kindle-)homescreen and not to browse through long kual-menus
Length of KUAL menu ?

You can fix that yourself if you can delete text files.
Your comments show that you already know where/what files to delete.

From the sounds of your other preferences, it seems like you should be using Kindle Menu, not KUAL.
That launcher is designed to be very "Android-Like".

Although, unlike KUAL, Kindle Menu is for touch screen devices only.

- - - - -

At this point, I would suggest that you and the other two people with similar problems get together and provide us with enough detail of your set-up / installation / Kindle model(s) / firmware versions that a person stands a chance of duplicating your problem.

We really need to get more technical than "it doesn't work".
What spurs this request is that I noticed that one of the problem posters only list a K4 in their info box and this is a K3 specific launcher (different init systems as I recall).

And just general advice -
You might get more effective help if you hold off on the criticism of the developers work here until **AFTER** your own problem is solved.

This isn't a paid support site, where the people working here have to (because they are paid) provide answers regardless of your person opinions (as long as your support contract is paid up).

I.E: Much more effective to make friends and ask for help than make enemies and demand help.

Last edited by knc1; 06-20-2015 at 08:17 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote