View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #48
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just answering this for any future users that wander in assuming the OP has given up hope of an answer by now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
Can I use this plugin to replace the main Calibre menu? I would need to:
- Run multiple instances of the plugin
- Rename each one
- Use different icons for each one
- Have different menu items under each one
- Probably some more stuff
Can't be done without a lot of code hacking. You can only have one instance of a plugin. You would need to make multiple copies of the plugin, give each different names, then do a whole bunch of edits on the code within each to make their internal names unique, point them at unique configuration areas, different images, different top level menu names etc. And then do it all over again whenever I push a new version of the plugin...

As for other options for rebuilding the main menu, all you can really do without hacking the calibre source code is juggle which buttons you want to appear in Preferences -> Toolbar, and change their images. You can't change their text names or the options that appear underneath without serious source code changing however.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote