View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #12
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
markbot
5. full desktop OS mode, which windows 8 has for tablets. one day we will be able to completely replace the PC with our smartphone. just link the phone to a larger screen and keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
This is the 'PC' I have wanted for a long time.
With all respect, I have to disagree. Even a Galaxy Note 5.3" screen isn't big enough really replace a PC. Just too small.

I thought the 7" Galaxy Tab 7Plus or the Lenovo 7" might do it, if you had a add on keyboard and mouse. But I don't think they will do it if you use the device in the normal PC manner. Just too small to be efficient. Sure if you take enough time with it, it will work, but normally I think you need at least 9" or 10".
I myself had a 10.1 net book for a while, but finally I went to a 11.3 or so, and that seems to work a lot better for a PC.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote