View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
eko0724
eko0724 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Newbie picking from PRS-950 or PRS-650

Hey! I am new to here and a complete newbie to the ebook world. I was sent over here from slickdeals.net when I posted a thread with questions. So after a little more thought on what I want here I am. Here is my post from slickdeals:
Thank you so much for all this info!! If you don't mind at all would you mind giving me a little more help? From reading what you write and the fact that the Kindle to just for Amazon and doesn't work with any other format you would say that they Sony PRS350 would be the best? My thinking for the Kindle and really any e-reader was this:
1 Light weight
2. Not too big (Kindle/nook ish size not ipad size) I want something that can fit into my purse so I can take everywhere with me
3 Has a decent battery - can last for a few days at least or even like the Kindle a month would be wonderful on one charge
4 be easy connected to a computer - wifi is not necessary to me since I don't travel around the world and have computer access
5 screen can be viewed without problems in daytime and at night (with a light)
6 I really want to keep it under $200
But now I want it to be able:
7. I can load ebooks from borders, B&N, and pdf's etc. So pretty much any ebooks I want and still great pretty decent quality on it.
8. Color or not to color- I could go either way and in fact don't really know the difference in it.

But after reading a little more I actually ruled the pocket out and have decided that I wanted a touch screen so I am going with the PRS-950 or PRS-650 model. But I needed a little help, and I was hoping if you guys could be so kind and lend me a helping hand. From what I read the biggest difference between these two is the wifi and screen size, but my biggest concern is the ability to be able to read in daylight, such as at the park. And to be able to download from any site that I would wish and still be able to read clear without too mush hassle. I also don't want something huge but from what I understand these are about the same size with maybe the Daily Edition is Longer. Which would you recommend and why? Thank you again and I am open to all comments! Just please be kind to a newbie like me.
eko0724 is offline   Reply With Quote