View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #9
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Jellby:

Your .mobi ebooks open properly in Mobipocket Reader on my WinXP computer.

However, I could not convert this .mobi to .html using tompe's mobi2html or my Mobi2IMP since the database name is too long i.e. is 32 characters and has no terminating NULL byte. Once I hex edited the 32nd byte in the file to be a NULL (00), then it worked/converted.
Code:
FULLFILENAME: E:\ebooks\Mobileread-ebooks\Jellby\La Tauromaquia_SmIm.mobi
FILENAME: La Tauromaquia_SmIm.mobi
UNPACK DIRECTORY: unpacked
bogus database name! is this really a PalmOS file? at Palm/PDB.pm line 537.
tompe's Mobiperl expects the database name to be NULL terminated and if it already has reached its max. of 32 characters, then there is no room for the NULL byte.

Could you re-upload with a shorter database name?

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-08-2009 at 09:48 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote