View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
hmmm, it seems to me that using physical sizes would run into the same problem that I see with using pixels. The pixel size that looks good on a 5-7 inch screen doesn't look very good at all on a higher resolution 9 inch screen. By the same token, the same margin setup at cm or fractions of a cm may look good on a smaller screen but may not look nearly as good on a larger screen. I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as noticeable but it has the same issue, at least in my way of thinking.

If I have a top margin setup to set a gap between two paragraphs to setup a scene change for example, I would usually want that gap to be a consistent distance away depending on the size of the text. Typically, I like to see about 3em.

Of course, that's all me and we each have our own likes, dislikes and opinions. All I know is that pixel size makes absolutely no sense to me. It was an extremely short sighted choice in my opinion.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote