View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #465
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Such discord! Is anyone getting any reading done?

Last weekend told myself that I was not going to play the android - iphone thing when new phone was released. FAILED.

Want to get back to audiobooks, mountain of crossword puzzles that have grown over last week (why does MR not have a crossword folder -- such fun for wordies. -- what wonderful things these puzzles are) and yes ebooks. Does the zealot Holymadness read about things other than apple? What does Crusader read?

2 interesting things i found while tech reading, and then no more of this tech fighting for me right here...

Why lightning and not MicroUSB?

Its technical: that connector isn’t smart enough. It has only 5 pins: +5V, Ground, 2 digital data pins, and a sense pin, so most of the dock connector functions wouldn’t work – only charging and syncing would. Also, the pins are so small that no current plug/connector manufacturer allows the 2A needed for iPad charging.

Why so much for the adapters?

Also technical. hidden away inside each 30-pin adapter is a digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that converts the Lightning connector’s digital audio signal to an analog version. (The inclusion of a DAC explains at least part of the price of the adapters.)

Ok...you can tune back into Holymadness now.