Thread: epub3
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #44
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I would say simpler to understand but more difficult to code. HTML5 uses semantics and groupings with semantic boundaries which could easily make it more difficult initially but more powerful. IMHO it is more readable since it discourages the incessant use of <div> all over the place which makes understand much more difficult.
I challenge the word "discourage". I think the most appropriate wording is "it offers a systematically-established semantic-oriented way of replacing the <div>'s".

In other words: HTML5 offers uniform, very detailed tags to mark the semantics of your document, even though it does not disallow "bad (i.e., non-semantic) usage" of generic elements like <div>.

Last edited by AlPe; 07-25-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Un-messing my English
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote