View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #20
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
please do let us know how that works out for you. personally i'm always attracted to crazy people having conversations with electronic devices, but i'd be interested to know whether i was alone or not.
In New York City, it used to be that when you saw a chap on the street staring several feet past your shoulder and having a conversation with someone you couldn't see, you assumed it was one of the homeless crazy people. Now, you assume it's a homeless crazy person with a cell phone.

I have conversations with electronic devices on a too regular basis, along the lines of "Computer, I have a screwdriver, and I know how to use it!"

(And I was up till oh dark hundred this morning dealing with a PC that decided to have problems with it's boot drive. Five physical drives in the box, and of course it has to develop bad blocks on the boot drive, in the Windows "system" registry hive... Back up now, but a time consuming PITA to fix.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote