View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Help! I need something interesting to read!

I've got a tiny, tiny little window of free time for the first time in ages. And I'd like to read something really good with it. I hardly ever get to read fiction and would like a good, gripping, somewhat spooky or scary novel.

Unfortunately, I don't know the market that well.

I like King okay... particularly I found his last few books really interesting, "Duma Key" and "Bag of Bones" I loved. I loved the story "N." in his last book of short stories... but generally speaking, he doesn't do a lot for me.

I read Clive Barker a lot about a decade ago.. I don't think he has anything out I want to read, though.

I'd like something scary... but smart. Ancient evils, old ruins, ghosts.. all good. Monsters don't do a lot for me.

I'd also be happy with something with an ancient mystery, etc... like Dan Brown (but good!) Indiana Jones meets Foucault's Pendulum.

Any suggestions?
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote