View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 11:14 AM   #56
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Amazon's really scaling back the level of kickback on this program. First they doubled the outlay from $10 to $20 on the big bonus premium, and now they've cut both the time and the percentage on ordinary credits earned. I've got $3 to convert and use (and now I need to think a bit about dates, but I don't think I'm in the danger zone yet) but then I'm done. I'd rather buy from Kobo anyway.

If you're buying from Kindle anyway certainly anything's better than nothing and it also serves as an effective discount on Big Five purchases, but even so, cutting back on the benefits is going to leave a bad taste in even loyalists' mouths. Introducing the cutbacks gradually might have been more palatable -- or maybe it's like swallowing medicine. Get it down quick.

ETA: Hmm. I wonder if Amazon's eyeing Kobo's VIP program? Could the next change be a membership fee? I wouldn't be surprised.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote