View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #5218
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I have a Story & Clark Studio acoustic piano that's somewhere in height between a spinet and an upright that I bought soon after we bought our first house. My youngest sister and I always liked the hard action of the Story & Clark pianos, perhaps because once you were proficient on them, every other piano was a breeze. Playing one constantly really does strengthen the fingers. These days I rarely get to play it, because either someone's sleeping or the wife is on the phone, but I also have my Yamaha Clavinova CVP-208 electric that I can play anytime (as long as I put on my headphones). The Clavinova is killer. I've had it for more years now than I can remember. I bought it new and at the time the CVP-208 was pretty close to the top of their line. They also had one at the time, the CVP-210, I believe, that was shaped like a grand piano, but I decided that one would take too much room.

The Yamaha Clavinova CVP-208

Wikipedia says the CVP-208 came out in 2003. I could have sworn I'd had it longer than that. Oh, well.

One of the neat things you can do with that Clavinova and a microphone is to run the mic through the piano's gender-bending circuitry. I recorded a duet with myself that way. Funny thing ... as a woman, I sound amazingly like my niece! You can also add choral effects and other neat stuff to the vocal mix as you're singing.

BTW, my Clavinova isn't as pretty as the one in the picture. It used to be, but that was before Crystal decided that the leather covering on the bench and the wooden piano legs looked like tasty treats. Fortunately she no longer bothers it.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-31-2013 at 12:59 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote